Skip to content

Enhanced Driver's License/EDL

Enhanced Drivers licenses, IDs, & IPs are compatible to fly within the United States, and travel by car or boat to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

Enhanced Drivers licenses, IDs, & IPs are not compatible for international air travel. You have to be 16 years old & older to apply for an Enhanced DL, ID, or IP. Enhanced DL, ID, & IP has a radio frequency identification chip embedded in the card. In order to upgrade to the Enhanced DL/ID/IP there are different forms of other ID you have to bring into our Litchfield location.

Please click on the link below to see the forms of ID you will need.

Enhanced Driver's License and Indentification Card Requirements

Please read the article carefully and thoroughly. We also suggest to call ahead to ensure you have the correct forms of ID before coming in.

  • If you have a passport or passport card, and do not mind taking that with you every time you fly within the United States. You do not need to upgrade your license, ID, or IP.
Scroll To Top